Dealing with diseases of the head and neck is not easy. A mild running nose is enough to ruin your day and give you nightmares. From hiccups to convulsive disorders, the list of head and neck conditions is apparently endless. Why put yourself through these tortures when the solution is here? Introducing Sitaram’s Anu thailam, the slayer of ENT diseases, and more.
Nasya- the patrolman for above the shoulders
The nose is thought to be the gateway to the head. Whatever goes in through the nostrils permeates the whole head including the sinuses, throat, and blood vessels. This is important, as the head is the seat of most sense organs that control vision, hearing, gustation, and olfaction. Nasya, the Ayurvedic panchakarma procedure of administering nasal drops, is the herbal panacea for all diseases above the shoulders.
Nasya is of different types according to what medicine is being chosen. Among them, pratimarsha nasya is the one that is indicated for daily use in a preventive aspect. Anu thailam is the commonest medicine used for the same.
Sitaram’s Anu thailam
Sitaram’s Anu thailam is a hundred percent herbal, paraben-free product indicated for nasya. It does a commendable job in relieving the diseases of the head and neck. Even healthy people can do Nasya with Anu thailam regularly, as its effects go beyond curing the disease. This preparation, based on authentic references from Ashtanga Hridaya, bears the goodness of vata-mitigating drugs like Vilwa(Aegle marmelos) pitta alleviating drugs such as Ushira (Vetiveria zizanoides), Chandana (Santalum album), and Kapha pacifying drugs like Agaru (Aquilaria malaccensis) fortified in goat’s milk and sesame oil. Nasya with Anu thailam is an effective way of managing respiratory, allergic, neuronal, and musculoskeletal conditions that arise above the shoulder level by the action of vata, pitta, and kapha.
Benefits of Anu thailam-
- Balances Vata and Kapha.
- Mitigates the diseases of the eye, ear, nose, and throat as anu thailam drains the vitiated Kapha from the upper body.
- Habitual nasya with Anu thaila shows praiseworthy effects on skin and hair
- Prevent the signs of early aging such as premature greying, wrinkles, and dullness.
- Promotes the growth of strong, lush hair and protects it from splitting and damage.
- Clears nasal passages and sinuses, and effectively manages respiratory issues and headaches.
Improves vision, hearing, olfaction, and gustation.
- Daily use can benefit the brain by regulating neuronal as well as neurotransmitter activities, thereby sharpening intellect and reflexes.
Dosage and instructions-
- Early morning time is preferred for the nasya procedure
- Massage the face, neck, and shoulders with sesame/coconut oil and give mild steam.
- Instill Anu thaila drop by drop on one nostril at a time after warming it. Keep the other one closed
- Massage the palms, neck, ears, and soles afterward
- Can be used in both preventive and curative aspects
- Indicated for all ages from 8 to 80
- For daily usage- 2-4 drops on each nostril (for adults)
1-2 drops on each nostril (for children)
- For treatment purposes – as per the instructions of the physician.